We are the AODS (“we”, “us”, “our”), and we are committed to protecting your privacy. AODS is the controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with its registered office located at 9 Ardmore Close, Bettystown, County Meath, Ireland.
SECTION 1: WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
When you interact with us, whether by using our Website or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
- Information you give us:you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our Website, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt-in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions with our Website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant chat, social media or otherwise).
Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address or location, phone number and email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details, although we do not hold them, our payment processors do).
If you register an account on the Website, then you may choose to give us your photograph and nickname. From your account, you can also invite your friends to shop at our Website (including by email, Facebook, or Twitter). Although we will let them know that we received their details from you, please ensure that you have the permission of your friends before sharing their contact details with us and only forward emails to people you know would be happy to receive them.
- information we receive from other accounts or sources: we can receive information about you from other sources, such as from your other accounts or other websites, including data brokers, our partner boutiques, social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers.
By logging in to our website via Facebook or Twitter, or linking your account on our Website to your Facebook or Twitter accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depend on your settings for that account or website, and will be subject to their privacy policies.
We supplement the data you provide to us with data from data append services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions. We will append this data to our existing customer account information to better understand customers’ interests and to provide more relevant product recommendations and advertising, to increase our customer’s security when using our Website and to comply with our legal obligations, such as sanctions laws. This information may include household size, household income, or profession. This information can be associated with your personal information such as name, email, address, physical address or phone number.
- The information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the Website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
Device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on which type of device you are using (whether it’s a PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise) and the settings on that device, but includes the type of device you have (such as an iPhone 6S or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address, the browser you are using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
SECTION 2: WHAT DO YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
To provide you services and the Website, including to allow you to order and receive products using our Website, administer your account and to optimize your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways.
We also use the information for marketing and advertising purposes. Where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase using our services, we and our partner boutiques will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information as described below), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
We also carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our Website, and views. We keep tracking of your spend on our Website to see if you can benefit from our exclusive loyalty programs as the VIP customer program and Access. Finally, we use your information to confirm your identity and perform credit checks or anti-fraud checks, in order to ensure your, and our, financial security.
Please note that we do not sell your information without your consent (whether your name, address, emails address, financial information, or otherwise) to any third party. Please scroll down to find out the detailed purposes for which we collect your information, what specific information is collected and the legal basis for which we purpose that data:
- To register and manage your account in our Website, we collect your name, email, password and other additional details you may wish to add in your account, like phone number, addresses and gender. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
- To fulfil the orders you make through our website, we collect your Name, addresses, phone number, Order details, like the products you are buying, the size and price. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
- To collect payment from you we collect your payment information, which comprises the credit/debit card’s number, holder’s name and CCV – we do not store them and only transfer them to our authorized payment providers. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
- To provide you with our customer services (including helping you to solve any issue you have with our services, updating you about any change to our terms of service, or contacting you to know how was your experience with us) we collect your name, email, password and addresses and your contact history with us (including phone records of our conversations. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you and our legitimate interests in retaining you as a customer.
- To monitor the quality of our customer services, we collect your name, email, password and addresses and your contact history with us. The legal basis is the legitimate interests in running our business.
- To administer, maintain and optimise our Website and our services, we collect your device information (such as your device IP address and device type), Cookie identifiers and browsing information. The legal basis is the legitimate interests in running our business.
- To perform fraud and credit checks and if we can do business with you, we collect your name; email; addresses; credit/debit card details; browsing history; purchase history; date of birth; gender; device information (such as IP address and device type), any national identifiers (like driver’s license or ID cards) and any publicly available information (like social media profiles or news). The legal basis is the legitimate interests to protectAODS and its customers from fraudulent activities and compliance with a legal obligation.
- To send you marketing communications and personalised offers, we collect your Name; Email; Phone Number; Addresses; Date of Birth; Purchase history; Browsing history and behaviour; Device information; Shopping preferences; Cookie identifiers; Internal identifiers; Country. The legal basis is the legitimate interests to electronic direct marketing of similar products and services to that which you have acquired using our Website or, when such is not applicable, your Consent.
- To manage our loyalty programmes, we collect your Name; Email; Phone Number; Addresses; Date of Birth; Purchase history; Browsing history and behaviour; Device Information; Shopping preferences; Nickname; Cookie identifiers; Internal identifiers; Country; Spent tier level and Wealth. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improve the shopping experience.
- Analysis of your behaviour and purchases in our Website, we collect your Name Email; Phone Number; Addresses; Date of Birth; Purchase history; Browsing history and behaviour; Device Information; Shopping preferences; Nickname; Cookie identifiers; Internal identifiers; Country; Spent tier level and Wealth. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improve our Website and your experience.
- Carry on research, analysis, enquiries and surveys on your use of our website, we collect your Name; Addresses; Email; Device information, demographic information (including gender, country of residence and household income) and content of survey responses. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business and improve our Website and your experience.
- Advertising and retarget advertising, we collect your email, cookie identifiers and device information. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business.
SECTION 3: DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not sell or share information about our customers, except in the specific cases described here:
3.1.Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, developing systems, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
3.2 Business Transfers: As our business evolves and grows we may buy or sell other entities or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless the customer consents otherwise). In the event that the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will likely be one of the transferred assets.
3.3 Business Partners: AODS may share aggregated usage and demographic information collected via the Website about our users and the services we provide, as well as information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
3.4 Protection of the Company and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe the release is appropriate to comply with the law, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company employees, users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
SECTION 4: THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
SECTION 5: COOKIES POLICY
We use technology such as “cookies” to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page. We use the following categories of cookies on our Website:
CATEGORY 1: STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
CATEGORY 2: PERFORMANCE COOKIES These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. You may opt in to these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the performance of our Website.
CATEGORY 3: FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, color or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You may opt in to these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the functionality of our Website.
CATEGORY 4: TARGETING COOKIES OR ADVERTISING COOKIES These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalized adverts when visiting other websites. You may opt-in to these cookies using your browser settings.
CATEGORY 5: SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website. You can withdraw your consent to these cookies at any time through the following options:
- Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on; • other third party cookies relating to behavioral advertising, please go to www.aboutads.info. • any other type of cookies, you can clean the cookies through your browser settings.
Please note that refusing cookies does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences. Many webs browsers support Do Not Track technology. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our website and services, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honour web browser Do Not Track signals.
SECTION 6: SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during order transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts order information you transmit. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, the Company cannot ensure the security of any information you provide, and you do so at your own risk. Once the Company receives your transmission, we will make reasonable efforts and comply with industry practices to ensure its security on our systems. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log off after using a shared computer. We do not store any credit card information on our Website or servers, but if you elect to save your credit card data, it is stored with an industry standard CIM service such as Stripe, PayPal, or others that are officially PCI compliant (a standard for payment, credit card and data security).
SECTION 7: EMAIL COMMUNICATION
We use the email address you provide us to communicate with you regarding transaction information (such as order confirmation, shipment notifications, declined method of payment or late payments, etc). If you opt-in, we may send you promotional material and other marketing information. We may receive a confirmation when you open email from the Company if your computer, browser, or device supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive certain types of email or other mail from us, please unsubscribe by following the instructions in the communication you receive, emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org), or logging into your online account and updating your preferences, and we will promptly remove you from our mailing lists.
SECTION 8: SMS TEXT/ MESSAGE
We reserve the right to contact you via SMS/text message to collect payment in the event the credit card or other form of payment is declined, or to remind you of a late payment. When you consent to receive promotional material and other marketing information from us via SMS/text messages, we collect and use your contact information for the purposes of fulfilling your request. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, and you can unsubscribe from SMS/text messages by replying with ‘STOP’. If you have any questions about unsubscribing from our messages, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
SECTION 9: HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our services, notwithstanding any superior retention period that we may be obliged to observe in accordance with legal requirements applicable to us. In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data as set out below. After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
SECTION 10: YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you, which we detail below. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances as set out in more detail below. We also set out how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights and that can include asking a set of security questions to ensure it is you. When you have appointed someone else to do the request on your behalf, that person and/or organization needs to show a valid power of attorney issued by you. We must respond to a request by you to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within one month (although this may be extended by a further two months in certain circumstances).
- Access. You have the right to know whether we process personal data about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with (including the categories of personal data we share with businesses for their direct marketing uses and the names and addresses of those businesses). Please note that in “My Account” dashboards, you can see information about you, namely your account details (such as name, email, phone number, date of birth), the addresses you use for billing and shipping, your order history and shopping preferences.
You can also request a copy of your information. If you require more than one copy of the data we hold about you, we may charge a reasonable administration fee. We may not provide you with certain personal data if providing it would interfere with another’s rights (e.g. where providing the personal data we hold about you would reveal information about another person) or where another exemption applies.
- Portability. You have the right to receive a subset of the personal data we collect from you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal data to another party. The relevant subset of personal data is data that you provide us with your consent or for the purposes of performing our contract with you.
If you wish for us to transfer the personal data to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal data or its processing once received by the third party. We also may not provide you with certain data if providing it would interfere with another’s rights (e.g. where providing the personal data we hold about you would reveal information about another person or our trade secrets or intellectual property).
- Correction. You have the right to correct any personal data held about you that is inaccurate. You can edit your personal information in “My Account” settings. You can also request the correction by emailing us. Please note that in some cases we can ask you to explain in detail why you believe the personal data we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that whilst we assess whether the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
- Erasure. You may request that we erase the personal data we hold about you in the certain circumstances. Please scroll below to know what those are:
SECTION 11: THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
SECTION 12: THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Our web site is a publishing medium in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgement as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
SECTION 13: UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
SECTION 14: CONTACT INFORMATION